Dental implants are artificial teeth that replace natural teeth that have been lost, damaged or have decayed. They are an alternative to crowns, bridges or dentures, and feel and look very natural.
After an initial discussion about your problem, our dental surgeon will conduct a careful examination to determine whether you are a good candidate for a dental implant.
Your dental surgeon then removes the problem tooth and implants the titanium root. After the integration period, the artificial tooth is attached.
Dental implants have many advantages including:
• They look like natural teeth.
• They do not affect speech like ill-fitted dentures sometimes do
• They are very comfortable and feel like natural teeth
• They function like your own teeth, so you can eat normally and painlessly
• They give you back your smile and help you feel good about yourself
• They do not affect other teeth like bridges do, and allow access to individual teeth, so they help enhance oral hygiene
• They are durable and last many years or even a lifetime
• They are convenient as they function like natural teeth