Comprehensive Eye Examination
It is important to regularly undergo a comprehensive eye examination by trained specialists, as some eye disorders may not display any symptoms especially at the early stages. Some health problems such as hypertension or diabetes can also be found through a comprehensive eye examination.
During an eye examination, our ophthalmologist will perform a series of tests to evaluate your vision and check for eye diseases. Depending on your health history and condition, our doctor may perform the following tests:
- General eye exam
- Visual acuity test to test your vision (you will be asked to read numbers or letters of different sizes)
- Detection of colour
- Intraocular pressure measurement (to test for certain eye disorders, such as glaucoma)
- Corneal curvature measurements (keratometer test for abnormal corneal curvature which can translate into vision loss)
- Refractive errors exam (auto-refraction)
- Retina and macula exam (fundus camera)
- Examination of the shape and appearance of the cornea, iris and anterior chamber angle (certain angle abnormalities may indicate a higher risk of eye disorders)
- Measurement of retinal thickness and detection of retinal damage (posterior segment OTC)
- Visual field examination to test central and peripheral vision (to show abnormalities leading to eye diseases)
After examination, your doctor will recommend necessary course of action if needed.
keyword: checkup check up, Check-up
Unit 2102-07, 700 Nathan Road, Mong Kok
T: +852 2331 8160
1904, 19/F World Trade Centre, Causeway Bay
T: +852 2881 5700
© HK Medical Group all rights reserved. Click here to send us feedback about this website.